At about 7:15 p.m. on September 12th, 1952 in Flatwoods, West Virginia, some youngsters were playing football on the school playground. Suddenly they saw a fiery UFO streak across the sky then seem to land on a hilltop of the nearby Bailey Fisher farm. The youths ran to the home of Mrs. Kathleen May, who provided a flashlight and accompanied them up the hill. The group included her two sons, Eddie 13, and Freddie 14, Neil Nunley 14, Gene Lemon 17, and Tommy Hyer and Ronnie Shaver, both 10, along with the May boy’s dog. Some distance ahead was a pulsing red light. Then, suddenly, Gene Lemon saw a pair of shining, animal-like eyes, and aimed the flashlight in their direction. The light revealed a towering "man-like" figure with a round, red "face" surrounded by a "pointed, hood-like shape." The body was dark and seemingly colorless, but some would later say it was green, and Mrs. May reported seeing drape-like folds covering the lower part of it;s body. The monster was observed only momentarily, as suddenly it emitted a hissing sound and glided toward the group. Lemon screamed and dropping his flashlight, then everyone fled for their lives.
Five "Must Do" Monster Activities:
1. Visit the Monster Museum located at 208 Main Street, Sutton, WV 26601. 304-765-6533
2. Visit Flatwoods and walk in the footsteps of the eye witnesses
3. Visit the Flatwoods Monster Chairs and Free Braxxie!
4. Take a picture with the famous "Home of the Green Monster" sign in Flatwoods.
5. Visit "The Spot", the official diner and ice cream bar of the Flatwoods Monster.
Find all this info and more HERE!
Find this, and all the locations in Fallout 76, on Google Maps, HERE!